Veterinary Services for All Types of Pets for All Stages of Life
Pets are living longer than ever, thanks to improved veterinary science, nutrition and preventative care. At Fleming Island Pet Clinic, we will make certain you understand your pet’s health concerns and wellness plan so you can play an active role in your pet’s care.
We deliver a broad range of veterinary services in the Greater Jacksonville area, including:
- Pet Wellness: Your pet’s routine health care includes complete head-to-toe physical examinations, bloodwork, and parasite screening. We will also establish a personalized vaccination schedule tailored to your pet’s individual risk factors.
- Veterinary Surgery: Our high-tech facility allows us to offer the most advanced surgical techniques, as well as careful screening and specially tailored anesthetics. You can rest assured your pet will be as safe and comfortable as possible should he or she need surgery.
- Advanced Diagnostics: Our diagnostic services include digital radiology (X-ray) and ultrasound scanning to detect any problems with your pet’s organs or skeletal structure.
- Pet Dental Care: Dental care is as important to pets as it is to humans. Our technology allows us to use ultrasound for thorough cleaning, followed by polishing and fluoride treatments to ensure any plaque does not return. We have X-ray capabilities to fully assess your pet’s oral health. A boarded veterinary dentist is available to come in for more complex procedures.
- Nutritional Consultation: Diet and nutrition are the first line of defense against illness and disease. We can counsel you on the right diet for your pet, including education about specialized prescription foods.
- Dermatology: Just like humans, pets can develop skin ailments that need special treatment, from allergy-related conditions to neoplasia. We can diagnose, treat, and help prevent skin issues with your pet.
- Laser Therapy: Therapy laser treatment is an advanced technology procedure that helps to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling without the side effects which can be experienced with drugs. This procedure is ideal for treating arthritis, wounds, skin conditions, and even post-surgical pain relief. There are no known side effects.
- Behavioral Training: If your pet suffers from separation anxiety or other behavioral issues, our staff can help to develop an individualized training and treatment regimen that can educate both you and your pet in the proper methods of behavior modification.
In addition, the following health and wellness services are available:
- Boarding: We understand that leaving a pet when you have to go out of town can be stressful, both for you and your pet. Our qualified kennel attendants and climate-controlled boarding facilities allow us to provide personalized and loving care as well as plenty of outdoor play time for happy and active pets.
- Microchipping: Thousands of lost pets have been reunited with their families because of a microchip the size of a grain of rice, which contains your information stored in a national database. The process is as painless and safe as a vaccination, and provides peace of mind that if lost, your pet can be returned.
- End of Life Care: Losing your pet is a painful experience. We will help you make the right choices at the end of your pet’s life and will provide dignified and respectful grief resources to get you through this difficult time. Cremation services are available.
- Laboratory and Pharmacy: Our on-site laboratory and pharmacy ensures that test results will be quick and accurate, and any prescriptions you need are provided.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our services. If this will be your first time at our clinic, please review our new clients page for information you can submit to us online prior to coming in for your appointment.
Always caring for our pets. I have recommended the clinic on many occasions to families that were looking for a vet to care for their family members.
Very happy with how my four legged daughter is taken care of every time we have an appointment.
We always get great service and care for our three pets. Dr. Curtis spend a good deal of time examining/diagnosing our cat, Minnie on a recent visit even recommending a feeding plan for our dog, Lucy.
While other veterinary offices are closer to my home, it is important to me to take my pets to a knowledgeable vet, regardless of the distance. I am very happy with the care my rabbit was given and I will be back with my other rabbit as well. Thank you for the excellent level of care.
Very friendly and knowledgable!
We have been going to the clinic for over three years now, since the day we brought our pound puppies home. They have had multiple visits to the clinic from rashes, to knee surgery. The staff at the clinic is incredible and I tell everyone I can.
As bird owners, we are encouraged to find a pet clinic which can and does address the concerns that we have regarding Bandit.
Our veterinarian, Dr. Antar, is the absolute best! She has stood by us through some truly difficult times and I couldn't imagine trusting my pets with someone else at this point.
Friendly and clean environment. Dr. Lowry is truly an expert, she provides good and useful information on every visit.
You are kind, considerate, knowledgeable. You always are kind and treat my pet with consideration of feelings and I always feel better when I leave. I always recommend your clinic to everyone that has a pet. Thank you for being so kind.
You were the only vet that would see Pretty. So we will be keeping her there. She was in pain and you were the only ones that helped her.
We've had multiple visits and have boarded Bandit for the past 4+ years. Never had any problems or left with more questions than answers. Had a couple urgent bird issues (illness/injury) that were handled expertly and with greatest care by all.
Your staff and vet are outstanding!
The visit involved boarding our pet. However, I am always pleased with the service, staff, care and attention.
Because you have been taking care of our pets since 2002 and I trust no one else to do so.
I have been a client of Fleming Island Pet Clinic since 2000. The doctors and staff are wonderful and caring. I have taken all three of my dogs there for routine care, injuries and even end of life care for my best friend Lucky Dog.
You have taken great care of my pets over the last 15 years or longer and I have never had a problem with anyone there. Dr. Lowry is the nicest, most compassionate veterinarian I know.
Have been visiting this Vet for Over 25 years. Great staff!
Caring, courteous, and professional. Because of this we travel over an hour to get there.
There is an emphasis on client education and customer service. The facility is the cleanest I've ever seen and the veterinarians are up to date on all the latest techniques.
We've been bringing our pets to y'all for years and will continue to do so for years to come. Everyone is always so friendly, and they definitely care about their patients.
The doctors and staff, in the many years I have been bringing my pets to your clinic, have always treated us and our pets with the greatest care, courtesy and expertise.
Being new pet owners we had basic questions regarding bathing, food & shots. All of our questions were not just answered but also in a way that we could understand.
Love the atmosphere at the location. Felt already part of the family!
Dr. Curtis was wonderful! It was very professional but at the same time, I felt comfortable to ask questions and even joke!
Outstanding Service - Tour was great! Thank you for the "tic" bath for Chloe! Starter kit was very nice.
I had a puppy and the Tech that was the one to help us had just helped a diseased animal and didn't want to contaminate him. I was appreciative of the concern.
You have been very consistent with your care over the many years I have taken my pets here.
I was beyond impressed with the facility and staff. I was very comfortable leaving my bunny "Karl" there for her surgery. The facility was clean and the staff was friendly and well-trained. I loved Dr. Lowry. She was personable and had a "great bed-side manner" with the patient's owners! I only wished that I lived closer so that I could come all the time with all my pets.
Chaz was boarded for 4 nights and I knew he would be in good hands.
I've been using this pet clinic for more than 20 years and myself and my babies have always been treated with love, concern and extreme consideration! I have and always will recommend this clinic to all my friends, family and anyone else!
Very receptive and attentive staff, we look forward to seeing you often!
I rate you as 5 Star! I know I can board my feathered friend and leave town on vacation confident that he will receive the best care! If any health emergency did arise, Dr. Curtis would be there to help him!
I was impressed with how professional and clean the building is. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and seemed to really care about my pet and assisting me to provide the best care. I feel my pet will be safe under the care of this facility.
For all of the reasons I stated Strongly Agree in the statements above. Could not be happier with the attention and care my pets have received! Staff across the board are top notched.
I have total confidence in Dr. Curtis from the way she handles our beloved parrot, to the thoroughness of exams and recommendations to maintain his good health. The staff is very friendly and also extremely competent.
We have been taking our pets to Fleming Island Pet Clinic for many years. We have been very satisfied with the services that our pets have received.
I felt the vet tech and doctor had shown love for my pet and put my mind at ease and if no improvement then come back sooner, and my Elvis (bird) did recover from a sprang leg. I will be coming back for my feathered friends.
You guys are a wonderful and caring team... thank you for all you do.